Deer Exclosures at Hoyt Scout Reservation
Two Deer Exclosures were created in June 2010 by Roger Williams, Campmaster, as a Wood Badge Ticket item, and as part of Scoutings 100th Anniversary celebration.
ITS PURPOSE IS BOTH SCIENTIFIC AND EDUCATIONAL; TO STUDY THE EFFECT DEER ARE HAVING ON OUR FOREST ECOLOGY, AND HELP US DEVISE WAYS TO MANAGE THEIR DESTRICTIVE IMPACT ON OUR HEALTH AND ENVIRONMENT.
DEER ENCLOSURES ARE HELPFUL TO STUDY:
· Demonstration Of The Impact Of Deer On The Woodland
· Ecological Studies And Scout Merit Badge Studies
· Flora Vault – Protected Area For Plants
· Forest Regeneration Capability For Commercial And Open Space Objectives
· Gauge Of Deer Population Density and Effective Deer Management Techniques
· Create Habitat For Other Species
Download the Full Report
Download Additional Articles on Deer Exclosures: